Monday, February 18, 2008

Mr Murdoch has eye on Yahoo

I don't know about you, but from where I sit, I'd much rather see News join forces with Yahoo than the attempted & still proposed Microsoft takeover of Yahoo.

In the Australian market, whilst 9MSN is much larger, both Yahoo7! and 9MSN serve up similar content. The combination of the two could look like 9MSN swallowing Yahoo7! whole. However, the combination of News, FIM and Yahoo7 is far more attractive. As far as buying advertising goes, I'm all for fierce competition, so go for it Murdoch I say.....

Full article from adage.com here.

http://adage.com/digital/article?article_id=125144

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like the Y! / News merger would be Y! taking on FIM only, I believe.

MSN needs all the SEM help it can get. Unfortunately for Y!, I can't see what MSN can bring to this relationship except for bling.

Just for fun, type in a VERY obvious keyword in Live Search (ie 'Starcom'). Chances are the first few things results are not so obvious (starcom.ge??!)

Oh MSN, you can't buy your way into our hearts.

Rups