To top line it - of course, the point was proven! The evidence is in, online does (or can) contribute to Brand awareness and more.
- 4 week online campaign for Sultana Bran, valued c. $200k
- 5 major Publishers donated inventory foc (Yahoo7, 9MSN, Fairfax, News Digital, Media Smart)
- Creative included various sizes (from memory banners, MRecs, MRec Videos, Islands) and was placed in a targeted fashion to GBs with kids
- Cookies were used to identify two groups; a control group who hadn't seen the campaign and an exposed group
- Survey pop ups were delivered upon exiting publishers sites utilised in the campaign
- The sample sizes were statistically viable
- The exposed group recorded increased levels vs every metric
- Metrics included - Awareness, Sentiment/favorability, Intention and Recommendation
- Majority of results were 5-10% increases
- In most cases Video results were slightly higher
The IAB are in the process of loading the full case study onto their site, so go there for the full deck; http://www.iabaustralia.com.au.